Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What a Neato Project!

I made these for a good friend of mine, my stylist. We used to trade product for hairstyles when I had the bakery, and even for almost 2 years after that, until I decided that baking and decorating from home just isn't as fun as it used to be. (Insert frowny face from her here. Add one from me for having to tell her.)

She approached me with this project not too long ago, and originally it was all supposed to be paper. I wanted to step it up a notch since I do love my fabric. The budget folders are paper, and then laminated. The holder is an outer fabric, a lined fabric, and both are pressed with a fusible interfacing for stability. I can do a tutorial here for them, it just can't be right now. In a couple days maybe? (I have another order going out, a bright red Valentine bear, sweet!)

I'm considering making myself some, after I find out if placing your money in pre-designated budget folders works. I know it will work for her, she's uber organized. Me? Not so much. My version of saving money is sending my husband to Costco instead of going myself so I'm not tempted by all the wonderful things they have. Go for milk and eggs, come home with milk, eggs, wine, cookies, yoga pants and a blender. Oh, and more wine. :0)

Enjoy your day, I'm enjoying the bright winter sunshine and hot cocoa made from Nutella. Who knew THAT would be SO good!


4 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, are you the stephanie from "Stephanie's bakery" that was down on northwest blvd?????? Best birthday cake I ever had, only thing I wanted for my 40th birthday was a cake from there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's me! So sorry I couldn't accomodate your 40th, with the little one and designing patterns, I've been keeping busy! Hope all is well with you!

      Delete
  2. oh you did make my cake for my 40th! that was a few years ago! lol That was all I asked for! AND my husband listened!! I hope we will see you and your new goodies at Shadle spring show!!! hint hint

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're too funny! As much as I would love to do a show, I am almost ready to launch a web site! The patterns will be on there as will the prototypes of those and other smallish goodies. I think shows are so much fun, though, maybe the Fall? :0)

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by The Blog Fairy. Powered by Blogger.