Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

What's in a name?

A question I get asked a lot, "why Isn't It Sweet"? When I was choosing names for the bakery, I needed my name attached, (hence the "Stefanie" that was attached before it) so that customers could find me, and a tag line that expressed what I had for sale. I had all baked goods and sweets, so I thought of many ways I could convey that. But when it came right down to it, I settled on "Isn't It Sweet" for another reason entirely, and in fact painted it on the wall in the bakery. On the walls it looked more like my musings, "Isn't Cake Sweet, Isn't Chocolate Sweet, and Isn't Life Sweet". It's that last line that truly conveyed how I felt about everything. I was taking a gigantic leap of faith, but in the end, prosperous bakery or not, I have a pretty "sweet life"! I still feel that way, and even though I still mourn the bakery that was, I am moving on to other great adventures. So later today, (again, after my coffee, and yes I do realize I'm an addict) I will post a recipe. So here's to a sweet existence!
Love, Me


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by The Blog Fairy. Powered by Blogger.