Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First day of school!

Two things, kids (2 of 3 anyway!) went back to school, and I got to help at my favorite fabric store! I think everyone had a good day. The girls chatted on endlessly about their friends and teachers. (whew!) My son did NOT want to come home from Grandma and Grandpa's house. (sweet!) I was able to work with a great friend, selling wonderful fabric, catching up with customers, and sewing. (yay!)

While at the shop my friend came up with a name for the bag pattern I'm working on. I'm helping her make one on Thursday, and she told me she was calling it the Commuter Bag, as she would be using for just that. I was struggling with a name, (College Hobo Bag, anyone ;0) and eureka! Patty came up with the perfect name. It's large, has room for many books, and pockets for your lipsticks and goodies. Stylish and functional, with a wide strap that crosses the body to distribute the weight. I can't wait to see how she puts her fabrics together, as she is a phenominal quilter with a great eye.

I plan on working on it diligently tomorrow, right after kids go to school and I am sufficiently caffienated.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by The Blog Fairy. Powered by Blogger.